Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Staying positive amid a persistent bacteria

Continuing from where I left last time, I finally decided to make some me time for myself and yes it made a huge difference to me and to my habibi. Felt great as I sat down at the coffee shop and had de rigueur break from routine. While for the habibi turned out to be a rather expensive affair! As a dutiful wife I also indulged in shopping to give myself extra dose of contentment to please my humble soul.




The coming back home a friend of mine sent me an email, a usual chit chat after many months on the emails. We did our usual gossiping and then I am mentioned about my recurrent infection situation. To which she mentioned something that she read long back “life challenges us with the fact that everything can be done better.”

In our entire conversation this line left me with a  great impact, of course the shopping too had made me feel real good.

Just as was planned the UTI report came and confirmed it was yet again klebsiella pneumoniae. Now here’s the problem even after three courses of antibiotics this naughty bacteria has resisting, and these notorious Klebsiella organisms are often resistant to most antibiotics available.

So I thought to myself whining is not going to solve this Klebsiella problem. With a little pain and with lots of love I have been spot around the building grinning and sporting of my cannula. It’s day three now and still have a good possibility it might continue for another four more days but we’ll take it as it comes.
Corbis.com
Now good thing about being A+ blood group person is, that we naturally are a very positive set of people. And going around the hospital smiling and sweet talking to the administration staff has definitely gotten me some good discount :D

But there is another problem when you fall sick one gets advice from all corners, some might be good or bad but that has definitely given inspiration for my next post.


Cheers! 

18 comments:

  1. Great! Nice when we adopt positivity & turn negative situations into positives- like this post :)
    Hope you are better now. Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling better .... today is the last day for the IV injections ... but tablets will continue for a while ... atleast the pricking bit is over ... and i can carry my little princess .. With the Cannula in the hand I could even play with her :( ... weekend is here and party's gonna start

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you in high spirits even in such a condition! Get well soon Sangeeta:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amitji .. aaj toh party all night ... yo yo honey singh style .... :D

      Delete
  4. KLEB isnt the nicest fellow to get infected with.. glad ur finally moving around - fellow "A positive blood"y doc :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doc .. this is my second KLEB attack ... unfortunately not many options are available here in Muscat ... but doc has put me on the strongest one ... leaving no stones unturned :D

      Delete
  5. Nice post. :) Get well soon.
    I agree about positivity and A+ plus blood group. I'm the most positive person I know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have to try to be B+, we are just naturally A+ set of people :D

      Delete
  6. Get well soon dear !

    http://www.ananyatales.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course, you need to get well. And yes, today my respect for you has increased on learning that u too are an A-plus blood holder :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get well soon :)
    A positive post !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care of yourself and Get well .. How did the weekend go .. how are you feeling now..

    and you are right people and everyone will have their own view when one is sick .. they dont understand that .. do they ..

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better Bikram and trust you are you in great spirits too .. you are right they don't realise it :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...